Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm Review

Burt'sBeesBalm
Packaging
       I have a minor obsession with tinted lip balms, heavily due to the fact that my lower lip is much more pigmented than the top. So, I always use a tinted lip balm to feign the normality you see in everyone else's matching lips. Anyway, for the longest time, I was using Revlon's Kissable Balm Stain in "Romantic" (and yes, my lips are that pigmented). I decided I wanted a change in colour and, let me tell you, when you are relatively tanned skinned, it is so. hard. to find shades that match your tone. And that was exactly how the rest of the Revlon shades got eliminated.
Burt'sBeesTube
Size
       I did a little researching and saw great reviews for the Burt's Bees Tinted Balm, so I bought it in Hibiscus and Caramel Daisy. I had initially wanted the colour Tiger Lily, but it was discontinued, so I figured Caramel Daisy might be similar. I bought them for $7.99 (Canadian dollars) each on Well.ca, but you could also buy them at Shopper's Drug Mart for the same price or Walmart for roughly the same price (2 cents cheaper). The outer packaging is absolutely gorgeous. It's a cardboard material and I'm all for recyclable packaging. I actually like it even more. The actual product is in a small twistable plastic tube, the size of a normal lip balm.

BurtsBeesColor
Colours in tubes
      As for the swatches, hibiscus is a beautiful pink colour, and when you put it on your lips, it's actually lighter than it looks inside the tube. You can apply it numerously for a more striking colour. Caramel daisy is a light brown, caramel colour, that actually neutralizes your lips to look more like your skin tone. The two balms smell natural, and even for those who don't like strong scented products, it shouldn't bother you.
Burt'sBeesSwatch
Arm swatches
     These are very moisturizing when you put them on, but they don't stay moisturized for long. The effect and colour lasts about 4 hours, and even less if you eat or drink. Since it is a balm though, I feel like you can and should be reapplying it throughout the day.  It does stain on coffee cups (for those who find that just slightly embarassing).I did notice that occasionally the balm makes my lips peel, not because it is dry, but because it's too moisturized and forms buildup of (possibly?) dead lip cells. All in all, I do love this product and will repurchase it, because the product is pigmented and goes on really smoothly. There's also a wide colour selection to pick from.
     Annnnnnd, that's all folks. If you have any questions, feel free to comment. I will answer them ASAP! Also, do look forward to my next post: Black Block Heel Booties (I have quite the collection). Thanks for reading my first post. Cheers!
   
     

   







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-61034250-1